Tuesday, December 27, 2011

'Papa Chen' trends anew on Twitter

Fans of Richard Yap took to Twitter to react on the Kapamilya star’s role in ABS-CBN series “My Binondo Girl.”

The hashtag #Papa Chen made it to Twitter’s list of top trending topics in the country on Wednesday morning. Yap plays the role of businessman Chen Sy, who is more popularly known as Papa Chen.

In the “My Binondo Girl” episode aired Tuesday night, Yap’s character was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Fans of the show tweeted that they do not want Yap’s character in the show to die.

"I don't want Papa Chen to die :(," user Arianne Javier tweeted.

"Papa Chen! @Iamrichardyap I hope Papa Chen can survive in his lung cancer. :(," user Dane Iray ღ♥ღ added.

"Di ko gusto mamatay si Papa Chen… Papa Chen lumaban ka please," user Claire Arbon Bague wrote.

“Papa Chen I hope you have a long life with your partner Zeny. I will kill if the director kills your role!!" user Sacha Ahyra tweeted.

Yap, meanwhile, expressed his gratitude to all his fans.

"Thank you so much again to everyone who tweeted and made Papa Chen a trending topic. I feel so blessed to have all of you! Para sa MBG (My Binondo Girl) din ‘to," he said.

Yap is 100% Chinese but was born and raised in Cebu. He is a graduate of De La Salle University.

In a previous interview, Yap admitted that "My Binondo Girl" is his first acting job.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/12/28/11/papa-chen-trends-anew-twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Pinoy Celebrity Talk . All Rights Reserved
Pinoy Celebrity Talk | Design by Herdiansyah . Published by Borneo Templates